Openings for the 2020/2021 Academic School year:
This position requires that you be able to work independently and work as a team with good
problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and you must be detailed oriented.
The following is a list of Duties and Responsibilities:
– Organized self-starter with internal drive and works well independently
– Administrate all HR related duties such as benefits, documented hours, OFLA, FMLA, and other
– Work with Administrator and board to support contracts and rollout of programs for the entire staff
– Full cycle accounting knowledge with Quickbooks
– Ability to enter data into Quickbooks accurately
– Ability to manage multiple interruptions during the workday
– Prepare all necessary filings outside of payroll
– Able to present statements to Administrator and board that include budget to actual and monthly
tracking of expenses
– Monthly closing of books and annual closing of books for reporting purpose
– Works well with multiple departments becoming an asset to the organization
– Works effectively with the landlord and other stakeholders of the organization to support different
– Reporting of hours worked to payroll service and managing the payroll service as it relates to the
– Work with board to prepare monthly and annual budgets and track details for possible warning
signs during the year
– Provide general office support
– Assist with other projects as needed
– Higher education accounting courses a plus
– Five years of related experience and/or training preferred
– Experience using technology to improve your work flow, such as Excel a big plus
– Pay based on experience
– Reduced workload during the summer months
– Health insurance, PTO
If this sounds like it may be an excellent fit for you, please send a resume, an introduction, and a statement of faith to the WCS Board Chair:
Middle School Multi-Subject Instructor
Willamette Christian School (WCS) is seeking an engaging, Spirit-led classroom teacher to lead three middle school science classes, and three middle school English classes. WCS is a 140-student K-8th grade school in the southwestern part of Eugene, Oregon. Together, the cities of Eugene and Springfield comprise the bulk of Lane County’s nearly 300,000 population. Our families represent close to 30 different faith traditions, and choose to send their children to us for the family-centered, unconditionally valuing culture the community shares.
Last year we began incorporating the 4 C’s of Project based learning into each subject area: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, and Critical Thinking. The successful applicant should have a level of familiarity with those concepts. As a school community, we are committed to raising up young people who think well, who see themselves as difference-makers in a dynamic world, and who speak with conviction to the magnificence of Jesus Christ.
Applicants must possess a four year degree, in any field relevant to ministry.
Applicants must be people with an active faith experience within a Christian context.
Applicants will be expected to successfully complete a background check prior to managing a classroom.
Interviews will be completed during the month of August.